Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quick, Self-Indulgent Post

Hey group, I'm going to do a quick 5 minute post instead of waiting in line for breakfast, so hopefully I'll be back with more info later today. We are doing a build day in Dayton today and they have a whole bunch of activities planned, but I think I'll get some time later tonight to describe the last 3-4 days, which have been exciting and eventful.

First, some big personal news... I had been working furiously every afternoon to gain computer access to do AmeriCorps applications for post-Bike & Build, but I decided a few days ago to withdraw my applications for a few months until after I'm done with this trip. I'm still intent on doing VISTA this fall/winter, but I do not have the time and resources to devote my attention to the applications like I should. I was spending too much time worrying about my next chance at Internet access instead of enjoying the rides each day.

The people on this trip are so great and our adventure is once-in-a-lifetime, so I'm willing to sacrifice a couple of months of inactivity after B&B to fully appreciate my time here. Fortunately, my parents are gracious enough to welcome home their boomerang child. I'm very much looking forward to spending more time with them in September and October. (Plus, it's been about 3-4 years since I've been able to watch Bronco games on Sunday. That's the real reason...)

Talk to you later this afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. You are very wise to do things the way you are, the best time to do those things like bikeandbuild etc. is while you are young. If you wait until you retire the chances increase that you may get some illness or other situation could develop which could keep you from ever doing those things you really enjoy. Besides what you are doing is helping others at the same time--a real win-win situation. Go for it!
    And of course, we are looking forward to having you back for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a purely selfish standpoint -- YEAH! It is currently a mystery to see how much fun the Broncos will be to watch this season! Maybe you will bring them some good karma! Glad to hear you are making the most of your opportunities and following your goals and passions! We are here to support you however you need us! Looking forward to hearing about your last few days when you get a chance! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete