Thursday, June 4, 2009

1 Week Away

I'm one week from reporting to Providence for a quick three-day orientation before we hit the road on the 14th.  In preparation of that, I've been doing rides of relatively modest length over the last two weeks.  Tomorrow, however, I'm testing my endurance with an 84-mile ride around Cayuga Lake.  We'll see how that goes.

I'm going to miss certain aspects of Ithaca and my colleagues at CIPA (the Cornell Institute for Public Affairs), but I'm definitely ready to move on.  There are some incredible people in CIPA who helped me along the way, so I will miss being in close proximity to them.  However, this trip will offer me a chance to move on to the next stage of my life.  I'm looking forward to just hitting the road and spending time in thought each day.   Plus, I'll get to fulfill a goal that I've held for years: biking across the country.  It promises to be a great experience.  

For those who are interested in donating, money that is credited to my total is due on June 10th.  Again, you can go to: http://www.bikeandbuild.org/cms/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,118/.  Use the drop-down menu labeled "Select a Rider" and find my name, "Villere, Justin," and follow further instructions.  Thanks again!


1 comment:

  1. Justin,

    Good luck with this tremendous adventure! I visited the site for a bit and it looks truly amazing, I'm jealous. I hope you not only help the communities you find, but also have fun along the way! Enjoy and stay in touch,

    Sean

    ReplyDelete